200+ Nursing Capstone Project Ideas: Helpful List
September 22, 2021
Many students struggle to generate nursing capstone project ideas because they don’t know what the educators want them to discuss in their papers. Perhaps, the first question likely to strike your mind is, “what is a capstone project in nursing studies.” A nursing capstone project refers to an academic paper comprising experiments, facts, and practical work experience for improving the nursing student’s professional skills. Your college professor or educator expects you to make a compelling argument relevant to your preferred topic.
The capstone topic that a student selects should be interesting to them and the person that will evaluate it. Therefore, students should choose capstone project ideas that are relevant to their experience and career. Students handle this project during their final education stage. This project aims to enable learners to demonstrate their career trajectory for post-graduation and theoretical competence. Some of the best nursing capstone project examples are the papers students write when pursuing Master of Science in Nursing programs and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). If struggling to choose a topic for your project, here are incredible ideas to consider.
Good Capstone Project Ideas for Nursing Students
When selecting a topic for a capstone paper, a student should base their selection on previously completed work’s generalization competence-oriented tasks’ application before the exam qualification. Here are good ideas to consider for your nursing capstone project.
- Emergency planning systems
- How to prevent dysfunctional behavior in dementia patients
- Strategic planning for patient-oriented medical facilities
- How to use probiotics to prevent diarrhea after using antibiotics
- How to reduce sexually transmitted diseases contraction with behavioral health interventions
- Visitation models review
- Heart monitoring for sleep apnea patients
- How to cope with ADHD patients
- Professional training and development for nursing staff
- Nursing roles review
- How to enhance infant health with breastfeeding support
- Re-admission prevention for stroke patients
- HPV awareness and vaccination
- Cardiac skills clinical utility checklist for teenagers
- Student to R.N. transition- Using simulation to bridge the gap.
- Bedside shift report implementation
- Congestive heart failure patients- How to improve their life quality
- Dimensional analysis- An effective dosage calculation method
- Asthma and diabetes education among African-American populations within nursing homes
- How to improve pain management in post-anesthesia care facilities
- Diabetes prevention and management
- How to prevent the Lyme disease
- Advocating for public health to enhance healthcare access among pregnant mothers in rural areas
- How to manage dementia patients with non-pharmacological methods
- How to prevent and treat obesity among children
- Effective point-of-care testing
- Dependence on ventilators during the COVID-19 pandemic
- How to enhance nurse safety within psychiatric care units
- Using unconventional art therapy to manage depression among the youths
- Compassion fatigue in operating rooms for nurses
- Addressing care and stigma among mental health patients without autonomous decision-making abilities
- Best treatment strategies for diabetic patients
- Nurses shortage in public health institutions
- Best practices for providing critical care to terminally ill individuals
- How to combat non-communicable diseases using behavioral change practices
- How to educate learners about sexual health to prevent teen pregnancies and STDs
- Why health history matters
- Common diseases among the aged persons
- Underutilization of the patient’s portal and how low income and ethics influence it
- Healthcare systems integration
- Health insurance for the employees
- Strategies for ensuring healthy aging
- How to reduce ventilator-associated infections among hospitalized patients
- Evidence levels in nursing
- Advanced practice and patient advocacy
- How pre-hospital rapid MDMA overdose cooling enhances the clinical outcome
- Using chlorhexidine to minimize hospital-acquired infections
- How to improve the preventative care process in HMO organizations
- How to examine veterans’ mental health
- How organizational culture affect Evidence-Based Practices implementation
- Macro trends that affect the healthcare system in the U.S.
- Racial discrimination in the USA healthcare delivery
- Affordable care for Americans- Reviewing the legislations
- IOM nursing future implementation
- How associated degree nurses perceive barriers and motivations to going back to school to pursue a bachelor’s degree in nursing science
All these are brilliant nursing capstone projects ideas. Nevertheless, learners should select topics they will find interesting to work with from the beginning to the end.
BSN Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
When pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, your educator will ask you to write a capstone paper. A BSN nursing capstone is primarily scientific work for increasing the professional skills of future nurses. Here are exciting nursing capstone project ideas BSN students can consider.
- Patient adoption during hospitalization- The nurse role in patient adoption during facility admission
- The essence of health school for musculoskeletal system’s patients
- Analyzing the possibility of nursing process introduction in neurosurgery
- Conflict situation analysis in a medical team
- Typical mistakes analysis in nursing practice when performing functional research
- Why patient’s preparation quality matters for instrumental and laboratory research methods
- Insulin therapy features in diabetic patients
- Care and treatment regime and their essence for patients
- Nursing peculiarities for patients across the age groups
- Nurse appearance- Is it a nursing culture element?
- Communication as an effective method for assisting patients in adapting to life changes
- Patient education- Is it an effective intervention for independent nursing?
- Is the patient’s personality a nurse’s work subject?
- Nursing and medicine?- What’s the correlation?
- Modern neurology problems- The nervous system diseases’ prevalence prevention and structure
All these are exciting capstone nursing project ideas for students pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Nevertheless, pick your topic carefully to research and generate relevant information for your degree and future career.
Nursing Informatics Capstone Project Ideas
Computer science is now past computer games. The nursing topics in this category deal with technical information. In most cases, completing a nursing informatics capstone project requires a team to research a topic and prepare its presentation. If interested in doing this, consider these nursing capstone topics for your project.
- How to use electronic health recording to improve nursing practice
- Best technologies for training nursing professionals
- Informatics and modern clinical problems
- Nursing processes modeling
- Nursing practice and data security
- How to improve a nurse’s informatics skills
- Small practices and technologies
- Nursing informatics’ current trends
- Biometric analysis in nursing practice
- The fundamentals of nursing informatics
- E-learning adoption in healthcare management
- How to develop and improve the security and safety of patients using comprehensive data research
- How to review nursing informatics impact on the nursing services quality
- The current nursing informatics situation in developing countries
- The pros and cons of modern health record systems
- Utilizing modern systems to convey nursing information
- Investigating different methods for keeping nursing informatics data
- The top priority for future investments in informatics
- Ethics and big data- Can they co-exist in the nursing field?
- Potential dangers for biometrics in the nursing sector
- Informatics application in the rural areas
- Impact of the government on automizing of the nursing processes
- How the nursing faculty perceives computer-based virtual simulation use in Associate Degree Nursing programs
- Using electronic medical records to provide acute care
- Using big data for clinical research
- Simulation use among nursing students
- Using smartphones for inpatient education and management
- Health informatics integration into nursing education
- Competency development barriers in nursing informatics
- Digital literacy’s development for students in nursing schools
- How nursing informatics can help with quality improvement
- Electronic records used in the provision of patient-oriented care
- Using robots in surgery
- Big data use in healthcare settings
- Information systems in healthcare management
Informatics topics revolve around information technologies use to resolve problems or improve nursing practice. Nevertheless, students should find inspiration by visiting relevant authorities or nurses to understand issues they can solve using information technologies.
Nursing Practicum Project Ideas
Practicum is mostly the final project for MSN students. A practicum is mainly the live application of nursing skills and knowledge to real-life events and situations. Once you complete the graduate courses, you should use your abilities in conducting activities that support your professional portfolio’s production. Here are ideas to consider for your practicum project.
- Intentional bullying and sabotage for nurses at the healthcare facilities
- How education and experience affect registered nurses mistakes
- The application of the bedside shift report for nurses
- Best ways to manage stress among night shift nurses
- Ethics surrounding data collection in primary healthcare
- How to deal with foreign patients
- Analyzing the nursing attitudes towards HIV and Aids patients
- How to fit within a new work station in a hospital after a transfer
- How to motivate emergency service nurses
- Why health risk awareness matters
- Practical ways to deal with and prevent stomach ulcers
- A statistical review of the U.S. mental health status
- How to avoid relapse for psychiatric patients
- How nurses can approach the abortion dilemma
- How to predict the risk of sore ulcers
- Health risk awareness about body piercing and tattooing among young people
- Health education’s role in improving child and mother healthcare services in state and private hospitals
All these are exciting topics for practicum projects. Nevertheless, learners should prepare to spend sufficient time researching and analyzing information to develop brilliant papers.
Creative Nursing Project Ideas
Maybe you’re looking for creative ideas for your nursing project. In that case, consider the following topics for your paper.
- Medical emergencies- Reviewing the best practices for critical care provision
- Different nursing types and why the world needs them
- Challenges facing emergency nurses every day
- Many people want to become nurses- Character qualities that can help them achieve this goal
- How to avoid violence between patients and nurses
- Protective measures that healthcare providers can adopt
- How communication technology affects the nursing profession
- The public lookout over men’s role in the nursing field
- Social media role in improving efficiency in nursing
- Wellness activities for ensuring service satisfaction and a healthy workforce
- Nurses roles towards the patients’ beliefs
- How to handle medical urgencies using an efficient critical care system
- The effectiveness of nurses in managing acute and chronic diseases
- Practical instruments for enhancing psychological health among adolescents
- Medical accommodation audit tools development in healthcare
- Merits and demerits of HPV vaccination
- Investigating the influence of communication technologies on nursing as a profession
- How to improve infant health via breastfeeding support
- Obesity treatment- Shortcomings and benefits of different methods
- How to treat diabetes in young children via testing the latest methods
- How to evaluate nursing training effectiveness
- Analyzing different ways of boosting high-quality care access by pregnant women
- Online learning versus classroom learning in nursing
- How registered nurses can improve pain management instruments
- Differences and similarities between modern and old healthcare methods
- Developing nursing assessment tools
- Analyzing concept-based techniques for promoting nursing leadership skills
- Asthma treatment in nursing
- A case study for environmental and occupational medicine
- Ways to improve resource management skills for nurses
- Nursing curriculum gaps in 2021
- How to use technology to benefit patients
- Investigating the coronavirus vaccines
- Reviewing obesity causes among females
- How night shifts affect the efficiency of nurses
- How long should nurses rest before their next duty?
- Nursing strategies for treating emotional problems
- Why nursing preparation matters in emergencies
These are creative ideas for your nursing capstone project. Nevertheless, pick a title you will be comfortable working with throughout the project.
Senior Project Topics on Nursing
Perhaps, you want to explore nursing topics revolving around seniors. In that case, pick your project topic from this list.
- How to improve nursing homes patients’ safety using technology
- Technological interventions for socially impaired behavior management among seniors with dementia
- Investigating joint disorders among the elderly patients
- Productive programs for weight and obesity management among adult patients
- Mental health problems and psychiatric care for seniors
- Alzheimer’s disease among the elderly
- How to reduce cardiovascular risk among seniors
- Precautions for preventing Parkinson’s disease
- How restless legs syndrome affects the seniors
- Cerebrovascular disease and stroke
- Geriatrics ethics- What are their impacts?
- What are the requirements for providing critical care to seniors?
- How effective is bladder cancer therapy?
- Atrial fibrillation research
- Studying joint disorders among the elderly population
These are exciting topics to explore if you love researching older people. Nevertheless, prepare to spend time and resources finding relevant data for your paper.
Nursing Leadership Project Ideas
Many researchers are venturing into the nursing leadership field. However, this doesn’t imply that they have exhausted all the relevant information. You can explore these ideas and develop a winning paper.
- Why nursing organizations matter in shaping the nursing future
- Contrasting and comparing the roles of nurse leadership in public and private hospitals
- Do pharmaceutical companies have the right to overprice medication?
- How leadership accountability differs between developing and developing countries
- Defining nursing leadership
- What leadership traits represent excellence?
- Training programs for nurse leaders
- How nurses should approach transactional leadership
- Ways to maintain team leadership to enhance healthcare teams’ collaboration
- Nursing education and leadership
- Nurse leadership behavior and qualities
- Leadership and student nurses
- Nursing leadership and management styles
- Nursing leadership traits that depict excellence
- Weaknesses and strengths of charge nurses
- Why nurse leadership matters
- Nurse leadership theories
- How nurse leaders should approach stress management
- Why nurse leaders should adhere to ethical practices
- The best ways for nurse leaders to start and manage change
- Short-term and long-term goals for nurse leaders
- Why nurse leaders should practice charismatic leadership
- How nurses perceive leadership
- How nurse leaders can help improve quality in projects
- Challenges facing modern nurse leaders
You can explore any of these ideas and develop a paper that will impress the educator to award you the top grade. Nevertheless, research your topic extensively to create a winning essay.
Health Promotion Capstone Nursing Ideas
Maybe you want to write about health promotion. In that case, consider these ideas for your nursing capstone project.
- How to create new strategies and implement them in brain health programs
- How effective is school health promotion?
- How to communicate essential health information to the community
- Why does health promotion matter during disease outbreaks?
- How to manage a global pandemic
- Understanding the principles of brain exercise
- New ways to prevent HIV and promote health
- How to raise awareness about cyberbullying and prevent it
- How school-based interventions can prevent mental health issues among children
- Ways to maintain a healthy lifestyle during the old age
- Community-based programs for helping seniors exercise safely
This list has many ideas to consider for your nursing capstone project. Nevertheless, take your time to understand what each of these topics requires you to do. Also, study and analyze your essay prompt carefully before embarking on the research and writing process. That way, you can answer the question more precisely and correctly. If unsure about what the educator wants you to do, check a few examples of capstone projects for nursing. The internet has many sites with sample papers that can guide you when writing this paper.
Get Professional Capstone Project Writing Help
Even with all these ideas, you might lack the time, skills, or experience to write a winning paper. If you have a part-time job, a business, or a family that needs your attention, finding the time to select, research a topic, and write a quality paper might not be easy. Luckily, you can get cheap help with your essay online. Our team comprises a team of nursing capstone writers ready to help you. Our experts deliver superior papers on different projects in their field. Contact us now to hire the best expert for your nursing capstone project!
Take a break from writing.
Top academic experts are here for you.