The 100 Nursing Research Topics You Need This Semester
December 19, 2019
Most students are writing their essays on the same couple of topics, and this is driving professors crazy. It doesn’t matter if we’re talking about evidence based practice nursing topics or about ethical topics in nursing. The truth of the matter is that students who want a top grade on their essay should focus on finding an exceptional topic. But what makes nursing paper topics exceptional? Here are some things to keep in mind:
- The topic for the nursing research paper must be original and very interesting. Find something that can pique the interest of your professor.
- Don’t pick the easiest topics. You won’t have much to write about and your professor will figure out that you just wanted to get the paper done as soon as possible.
- Don’t pick the most difficult nursing paper topics either. You will have a lot of work to do and it can take you days to complete the essay.
- Find a topic that is of interest today. Avoid discussing issues that don’t interest anyone in the present. Remember that your research must bring value the academic community.
- It’s difficult to do, but try to find nursing topics that are focused and narrow. Broad topics are too general and your professor won’t appreciate them. Narrow down the topic by geographical area, time frame, culture, and so on.
Only the Best Nursing Research Topics for Students
Whether you’re looking for quantitative nursing research topics or qualitative topics, you need to be aware that the topic you pick has a great influence on the final grade you get on your essay. Why? It’s pretty simple actually; professors want something new. They want you to be original. They want to be surprised. Wouldn’t you get bored reading papers on the same nursing research topics over and over again?
By taking the time to search for an original, interesting topic, you are showing to your teacher that you really did put in the effort to write an excellent academic paper. In most cases, you will get some bonus points just for this. This is why our list of 100 nursing research topics is so important. And remember, the topics are 100% free, so you can use them right now as you see fit.
Mental Health Topics
Mental health can be difficult to write about. However, the grade you can get on such a paper can be great for your GPA. Here are some topics about mental health that are relatively easy to tackle:
- The link between violent video games and mental health.
- Stress in law enforcement officers.
- The causes of PTSD in army veterans.
- What causes depression?
- What is bipolar disorder and how can it be alleviated.
- Testing for schizophrenia.
- Ethics concerns for psychiatric patients.
Controversial Nursing Topics
Every one of these evidence based practice nursing research topics is a hot potato. You should be very careful when writing an academic paper on these because it’s very easy to offend some of your audience. Here are the controversial essay topics you can try your hand at:
- Does short staffing affect nurses at the work place?
- Working long shifts decreases patient care quality.
- Nurses should receive bonuses related to patient outcome.
- Nurses should be allowed to prescribe medicine.
- Sometimes nurses are more important than doctors.
- Is nursing a women’s job?
- Should nurses get the same wages as doctors?
These nursing evidence based practice topics are related to elders. If you are interested in providing better care for elderly people, these are the topics for you. You can help make a change in the world by writing on any of the topics below:
- Reducing cardiovascular risks in elderly patients.
- What are the requirements for critical care?
- How to protect against Parkinson’s Disease?
- A study about joint disorders.
- What is the Restless Legs Syndrome?
- An in-depth analysis of atrial fibrillation.
- Three ways to defend against a stroke.
Do you have some advice about people looking at a nursing career? Why don’t you write an essay on a topic like:
- Does it pay off to become a nurse?
- Analyzing diversity in the nursing environment.
- The difficulties faced by nursing practitioners.
- The stress effects of night shifts.
- What is a remote intensive care unit?
- 10 things to do with your nursing degree.
- The three unique nursing career options.
Ethics Topics in Nursing
Ethics is a major talking point when it comes to nursing. There are many controversies surrounding certain practices and opinions are split. Why don’t you shed some light on topics such as:
- The personal values of nurses.
- Do nurses have contractual relationships with patients?
- When can nurses refuse care?
- Ethics is vital for the foundation of nursing.
- Ethics problems that are making nurses quit.
- Should nurses discuss ethics with their family?
- The three ethics issues nurses face every day.
Pediatric Nursing Research Topics
If you like children and you want to make a difference, there are some pediatric nursing research topics you can write about right now. Here are some of the topics we consider to be the best candidates for an A+ paper:
- What causes ADHD in children?
- Fighting against child obesity: top 3 methods.
- The ethics of pediatric care nurses.
- The link between vaccination and authism.
- What causes seizures in children?
- Social media and it’s effects on children’s psychology.
- The best treatment for speech disorders.
- What causes antibiotic resistance in children?
- Does healthy eating really prevent obesity?
Nursing Quality Improvement Topics
These research topics in nursing are an excellent choice for many students. If you are worried about the quality of the nursing service, write about any of these topics:
- Improving the quality of pain management in children.
- An analysis of the human pain limits.
- What does it take to improve nursing care?
- Nurses need to speak up about quality problems.
- Best exercises that improve mental health.
- Limiting long night shifts and focusing on individual patients.
- The role of nurses in improving medical services quality.
- The tools nurses can use to improve care quality.
Easily Researchable Topics in Nursing
You want some nursing research paper topics, but don’t want to spend more than a day or two working on your paper? Here are some easy nursing topics that you can use right now:
- What are Phantom Pains and why do they appear?
- Three symptoms in the ER that medicine can’t explain.
- The dangers of pre-term labor.
- Is telemedicine really effective?
- The problems with the telemedicine system.
- The best 3 disease control methods.
- Do opioids aid in bone healing?
- The future of nursing in the digital age.
Adult Nursing Research Topics
There are plenty of good nursing research topics out there, and plenty of them are about adult nursing. Here are some of the topics your writers consider to be the most interesting for high school and college students:
- Analyzing the lack of dental care in the United States.
- The roles of clinical nurses in the UK.
- How do you treat sleep disorders effectively?
- Here is how you control your blood pressure at home.
- Providing treatment to homeless people.
- The most effective headache treatments.
- The disastrous consequences of abortion.
- Analyzing the main symptoms of autism.
- Effective ways to treat patients in prison.
Hot Topics in Nursing
These evidence based nursing topics are hot. They are trending right now. Consequently, it makes a lot of sense to write an essay on any of these topics:
- Private nursing homes are the best choice.
- Online training is excellent for future nurses.
- What is art therapy and how does it work?
- The benefits of music theraphy.
- We are seeing a reduction in experienced nurses.
- Nurses are doing more than ever before.
- Analyzing the gender pay gap in nursing.
- Let’s take a closer look at Holistic Care.
Are you interested in women’s health? Do you know about something that should be changed? Then why not write a nursing essay on a topic about women’s health? Here are some ideas for you:
- The prognosis for breast cancer.
- What causes sleep disorders in women?
- The newest neonatal practices.
- Three effective pregnancy prevention methods.
- The many challenges of menopause.
- The causes for vaginal atrophy.
- The three effective ways to prevent breast cancer.
Perhaps you consider healthcare management lacking. Don’t worry, you are definitely not the only one. But while other people just complain and don’t do anything about it, you have the chance to write an academic paper on this:
- The effects of gender bias on nurses.
- Medicare benefits of nurses.
- How effective is home service really?
- Uniform code regulations for nurses.
- How to start your own medical practice.
- Non-english patients can pose legal issues.
- Regulations about medical marijuana every nurse needs to know.
- Home nursing needs more oversight.
Other Nursing Topics
- These are the topics that don’t really fall into any of the categories above:
- The role of the nurse in palliative care.
- Should nurses be checked for drugs periodically?
- The effects of a smiling face.
- What does an emergency room nurse do in the US?
- Time management in the nursing profession.
- Is pediatric nursing different than regular nursing?
- How to deal with abusive patients as a nurse?
It doesn’t matter whether you are writing your essay on controversial topics in nursing or on pediatrics topics. What matters the most is the quality of the topic and the quality of the writing. As such, you should do your homework and learn how to write an essay the proper way. Citation and bibliography mistakes will not be tolerated. Tone, style and vocabulary are also very important. As you probably already know, academic writing has a very large set of rules and guidelines that you should strictly abide by.
In case you need some research topics for nursing students, or if you need help with writing the essays, you should get high quality help from a professional nursing writer. An academic writer can compose your nursing term paper or give you a lengthy list of nursing capstone project topics in just a day or two. You can easily save a lot of time and get a better grade simply by enlisting the help of such an experienced professional.
Take a break from writing.
Top academic experts are here for you.