Best Essay Writing Structure – Learn The Basics!
November 16, 2019
Essay writing is a crucial part of a student’s academic work at different levels. It is also the way scholars communicate academic ideas and contribute to the development of knowledge. To write a good essay, you need to fashion a set of ideas into an argument to form a concrete essay layout. Because essays are linear, and the ideas need to be presented coherently, one of the most important things is the essay structure.
In this post, we will dig deeper into essay writing to demystify how to structure the three main parts of an essay – introduction, body, and conclusion for winning grades. Do not get content crafting standard essays; this post will help you to craft A-rated essays.
What Are The Three Main Parts Of An Essay? Structure Of A Good Essay
Essays come in different shapes, sizes and content, but all of them have same basic essay structure.
Generally, essays are made up of an introduction, body and conclusion.
Depending on the size of the essay and what you are writing the essay body, these parts will vary in size and content. But if you follow the basic essay structure and then develop from there, you are guaranteed to have a well structured essay. Below you’ll find more detailed instructions for each part, and what to do in each.
How To Write An Essay Introduction
What is a introduction? When writing an essay, every paragraph, every sentence, and every word matters. When writing the introduction, it is important to be extra careful. Like going on a first date, your main aim should be making the introduction perfect. This is crucial because your tutor will start grading your essay, starting from the introduction.
The perfect essay introduction structure should be geared towards setting the stage for the rest of the paper. Here is the best way to write an introduction:
- Start the introduction with a broad focus: Here, the aim is providing the reader or marker with a snippet of what to anticipate in the rest of the essay. Consider starting broadly, then narrowing down to the essay’s focus.
- Make sure to capture the important background of the essay: When you briefly capture the background in the introduction of the essay, it demonstrates your authority in the area. Where possible, throw some statistics. This will make the reader want to read more and get full details.
- Provide a thesis statement of the essay: This should be outlined towards the end of the introduction. It is a personal opinion about the topic you are working on. It demonstrates your ability to decipher information about the topic and contributing to the body of knowledge. Well, there is no doubt that writing a thesis statement can be tricky. As such, it is important to practice.
Introduction Essay Paragraph Example
Over the years, societies have experienced tremendous amounts of development in various aspects of their lives. As various economies develop, they continue to complement the growth of the industries which enhance their production and sustainability. As such, it is vital to understand the significance of key industries and their role in enhancing the performance of the economy. The paper places emphasis on the transport industry which is attributed for encouraging business practices and functions needed to improve trade in both microeconomic and macroeconomic activities.
Essay Writing Structure: Body
After the introduction paragraph, comes the body of the essay. This is the biggest part of your essay. As you prepare writing an essay, you should identify the main points that you want to discuss. These key points will become the main paragraphs in the body of your essay. You could even pool the paragraphs together under varying subtopics.
When writing an essay body, every paragraph should have three core components; point, illustration, and explanation. Call them pillars.
- Point: This is the topic sentence that describes the main point being discussed in the paragraph. It is also called the main idea. You should start with the summary of the idea, and then use the rest of the paragraph to support it with examples.
- Illustrations: The biggest chunk of a paragraph should go to illustrations. This involves delving deeper into the main point and framing your argument in line with the thesis statement. At this point, you should include the facts, published opinions, research data, and published case studies.
Note that outside sources can be quoted, paraphrased, and summarized as long as you reference them correctly.
- Explanations: Explanations help to clarify how readers should interpret the argument presented in the paragraph. It is important to note that although the paragraphs discuss a point each, they should mesh together to make the whole essay coherent and complete.
If you want, you could include a summary statement for every paragraph. Although this is not necessarily needed, you can include it to demonstrate the close of an idea. In addition, it is important to make sure you use transitions between paragraphs to maintain a good flow of ideas in the essay.
Essay Body Example
Ideally, transport is the transfer of goods, human beings, and animals from one point to another. All economies require a productive economy in order to sustain the livelihood of the various communities and social groups. As such, human resources or human labor needs to be transferred from one location, region, and area to another with the hope of attaining a considerable amount of economic growth.
One advantage of transport is that it enhances the growth of the economy is by supporting globalization. Global trade encourages the sale of goods and services in an open market. Currently, one of the most practiced business strategy involves the investment of companies in both local and international markets. Transportation makes this possible due to the existence of air transport, marine transport, rail transport and road transport.
Despite the advantages that are experienced from transportation services, a number of negative implications which have been realized as a result. For example, road, rail, air, and marine transport are responsible for the death of billions of travelers owing to the risk factors that come with the mode of transport.
How To Write The Conclusion
The last section of the structure of an essay is the conclusion. If you are writing a short essay, a single paragraph should suffice. However, a two or three paragraph conclusion might be necessary when writing custom essays that are longer.
To write a good conclusion, you need to summarize the main arguments in the essay. Do not add anything new. You need to restate the main points keeping in mind to use a different way other than how you did it in the introduction and the body paragraphs.
You should use the conclusion to explain the significance of the argument. Well, you also need to be careful here to articulately follow what your trainer prefers. There are cases when a tutor might not recommend restating the main points. Instead, they want you to explain the significance of the arguments. In other words, the tutors want you to answer the main question, “so what” by demonstrating why your argument matters.
Essay Conclusion Example
To conclude, one of the trends that support transport is the combination of tourism and business which is made possible through the creation of technologies such as mobile apps and Smartphone’s. This allows a traveler to incorporate their business and investment activities into their schedules when traveling.
Writing an Essay Simplified… Crush it Like a Pro!
This post on essay structure has demonstrated all the steps that you should follow to craft a winning piece. No matter the level of training, mastering how to write top-notch essays can help to make your academic work easy, reduce stress, and guarantee good grades.
At this point, we also need to tell the truth; developing these skills takes time. As you work on developing the skills, you also need to prepare current essays for good grades. In other instances, you might be faced with tight deadlines or have other engagement that makes crafting a good essay difficult. In such situations you need essay help so you should not hesitate to seek writing help.
Writing help services are offered by expert writers who understand how to structure an essay in every subject to guarantee you top marks. They have been in the writing niche for long, handled similar tasks before, and are winning to get the best for you. Therefore, go ahead and seek affordable services to write your essays.
Take a break from writing.
Top academic experts are here for you.
- How To Write An Autobiography Guideline And Useful Advice
- 182 Best Classification Essay Topics To Learn And Write About
- How To Manage Stress In College: Top Practical Tips
- How To Write A Narrative Essay: Definition, Tips, And A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To Write Article Review Like Professional