Ease Your College Life With Our American Government Research Paper Topics
August 13, 2020
Whenever the name America comes up, the hearts of many melt with joy and pride. However, when asked to compose one or two American government thesis topics, this smile fades away. Why? Because it is a hard nut to crack for many. But that doesn’t have to be the case anymore. In this particular post, we demystify all that and make the task smooth for you.
Stay with me now.
Thinking up the best topic to write on government isn’t always the easiest thing to do. Which is why we’ve come up with this great list of items. How? You may ask. We pride in our native English-speaking writers, to deliver top American government topics for your academic assignments, including essays and research papers.
When you have exciting government topics to write about, the rest of the process becomes easy-peasy. Nevertheless, this is a skill that only a few possess. Lucky for you today, you will learn them firsthand from the gurus.
Let us explore various categories of top-notch US government research paper topics:
American Government Research Paper Topics: Legislative Branch
Here, we explore some of the good government paper topics in the legislative arm of the American government.
- A critical analysis of the House of Representatives and the senate
- Why the census is essential in determining the number of representatives
- Should house representatives serve for more than two terms?
- Is the 25-years age limit a necessity to vie?
- Why the senate is crucial in approving necessary presidential appointments
- What is the origin of the two-thirds majority rule in passing a bill?
- Should Congress have the powers to remove the President?
- Is the senate effective in Committee inquiries and hearings?
- Why is the 25th Amendment necessary for the House and the legislature?
- Should the Representatives elect the speaker of the House?
- The ratification of the 17th Amendment in 1913
- Is the Vice President’s decisive vote crucial for the senate?
- Discuss the senate legislation process
- Does the number of committees and subcommittees matter and why?
- The role of experts, advocates, and opponents in the passage or rejection of a bill
You can derive more government paper topics on the legislative branch from the government’s website, senate proceedings or related news bulletin.
Government Research Paper Topics on the Executive Arm
You can consider this niche for your American government research paper with the following topics:
- Discuss the powers of the President and their implications
- How does the Federal government enforce and administer federal laws?
- Should the President appoint heads of independent national commissions?
- What is the effect of Congress overwriting a veto to the President?
- Should the President have unlimited power to extend pardons and clemencies for federal crimes?
- What does the State of the Union Address mean for the President?
- Does the congressional delegation in the electoral vote represent the will of the people?
- The significance of the President and the First family living in White House
- Does the President’s Oval Office have any national relevance?
- Why do Vice Presidents approach their role differently?
- Why should the White House Chief of Staff be the President’s closest adviser?
- Should the President decide on the number of cabinet members by himself?
- The cabinet is often the President’s closest confidants. Why?
- Do the departments in the committee meet the full needs of the US people?
- Why is the Department of Defense, the largest government agency?
A majority of government research topics in this sector revolve around the President, VP, and the cabinet.
College Government Thesis Paper Topics
Writing a college essay in this field can be complicated, especially if you are beginning your first year. Here are some good topics for a research paper in college:
- Compare and contrast direct and representative democracy.
- What changes would you like to make in the US Constitution?
- Individual states versus the federal government. Which is powerful?
- What will make more people vote during elections?
- An analysis of the two main parties in the US government
- Why should you vote for a candidate who probably won’t win?
- Where do political campaigns get their funding, and why?
- Is media the fourth branch of the US government?
- Evaluation of the Senate and House of Representatives candidate campaigns
- Do the members of Congress follow the will of the voters who elected them?
- How have different US Presidents used executive privilege?
- Is the executive branch of the US government the most powerful?
- Why is the First Amendment important to human rights in America?
- Why did the Equal Rights Amendment fail in the senate?
- Does the federal government possess excess power as compared to others?
- Why are polls during presidential elections not reliable?
And there you have your list of government topics for high school, college, and university. Using these easy American government essay topics, you can write a winning research paper worth the commendation of the POTUS.
Are you still wondering, “What are good topics for a research paper?” Well, you have them all systematically arranged for you in the discussion above. However, students in need of professional writing help can get it at affordable rates.
Get yourself a government research paper done by an expert and feel like a pro today!
Take a break from writing.
Top academic experts are here for you.