60 Best Extended Essay Topics for Top Grades
January 11, 2021
Unlike ordinary essays, the International Baccalaureate Program’s extended essays require more factual backup. Therefore, writing an A-rated extended essay demands comprehensive research, experimentation, and critical thinking that factors relevant theories and facts. Notably, many students in college find identifying the right topic for this type of essay challenging, but you do not need to worry because we are here to help.
In this post, we have listed 60 good extended essay topics for different subjects. Go ahead and use them as they are or tweak the selected topic a little to fit your preference.
How to Select a Good Topic for Your Extended Essay
Before getting into the list of the extended essay ideas, it is important to answer the question, “How do you select the best topic? Here are some useful tips to help you identify the best topics and craft quality papers.
- Strictly Follow Your Teacher’s Guidelines
Because it is your teacher who will ultimately check and grade the extended essay, it is paramount to strictly follow his/her requirements. For example, did your teacher specify you only focus on a specific area when picking topics to work on?
- Get a Topic that is Interesting
One of the secrets of writing a great essay is selecting a topic that is interesting to you. This means that in addition to targeting top-grades, you will also enjoy doing the assignment. Furthermore, you will not get bored midway when working on the extended essay.
- Only Pick the Topics with Ample Resources for Research
As we have highlighted, extended essays require a lot of research and focus on details. Therefore, do a thorough background check on different topics to ensure the materials available for research are ample.
History Extended Essay Topics
- Cuban missile crisis: Analyzing its consequences.
- The importance of Rosetta stone discovery.
- Analyzing the use of human-piloted torpedoes in WWII: A case study of the Imperial Japanese Navy.
- Use of deception by Abraham Lincoln to pass the thirteenth amendment.
- World dominance by Western countries in modern history.
- Analyzing Roosevelt’s evolving rhetoric about US involvement in WW2 against the Nazis.
- How Britain was conquered by the Roman Empire.
- A closer look at the political motives in Shakespeare’s dramas.
- Pearl Harbor attack: Why it was a game-changer and a checkpoint?
- What are the main reasons for the bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima in 1945?
- World War III: Are we prepared enough to prevent it.
- Comparing the causes and consequences of World War I and World War II.
- A closer look at Brexit: Are we staring at a possible collapse of the EU in the future?
- The development of the European Union.
- What were the key lessons from the Cold War?
Biology Extended Essay Topics
- How do plants heal diseases?
- Climate and its impacts on plants’ reproduction.
- Photosynthesis: Can it take place in the absence of sunlight?
- Comparing aquatic and terrestrial plants.
- Comparing freshwater and saltwater animal’s adaptations.
- How does the change of habitat affect living organisms?
- Are we doing enough to prevent the extinction of species?
- Vaccine development: What is the right procedure?
- COVID-19: What are the main causes?
Psychology Extended Essay Topics
- What are the best methods for addressing phobias?
- Cannabis use for anxiety treatment.
- Team member’s impacts on the thinking of individual players.
- ADHD in kids and adults: A closer look at the main differences.
- The theory of behavioral change.
- The application of cognitive-behavioral therapy in treating drug addiction.
- Self-motivation and academic achievements: What is the relationship?
- Are abuses suffered by kids a reason for oppressive behavior in adulthood?
- Analyzing different types of suicidal behavior: How do they develop?
- Television and obesity: What is the connection?
- Agoraphobia in adults: Can it be treated?
English Extended Essay Topics
- English literature: Why it is important to learn it.
- English grammar rules: How do they impact the way we think?
- Literary function of a language: What is its significance?
- A closer look at the differences between British English and American English.
- Comparing the English to Spanish learning curves.
- The evolution of English language.
- A closer look at the new words in modern English.
Math Extended Essay Topics
- Why is Pythagoras theorem so important in mathematics?
- Algebra and arithmetic: What are the main differences?
- Solving linear equations.
- Philosophy and math: Are they related?
- How does card counting work?
- Extremal problems in geometry.
- Comparing Ruelle Zeta and Riemann.
- A closer look at practical applications of the game theory.
- Rubik’s cube: How can you solve it mathematically?
- A deeper look into the Orbit-Stabilizer Theorem.
Physics Extended Essay Topics
- What is the role of physics in addressing global warming?
- The role of physics in the development and success of the medical industry.
- A closer look at the contributions of the famous innovators of the 20th century.
- Ernest Rutherford: What was his contribution to nuclear science?
- Is studying physics beneficial to society?
- How the US used physics to develop and become a superpower.
- How do countries use physics to improve their security?
- The negative impacts of physics in society.
Get Help from Expert Essay Writers
Now that you have seen and probably identified the best IB extended essay topics, the next step is writing down the assignment. This will require you to have good research and writing skills to craft a top-rated paper. However, most students lack this combination of skills and end up getting poor or failing grades.
The good thing is that even if you have tough IB extended essay history topics, it is pretty easy to get essay writing help from our professional online writers. Besides, we also ensure that your essay is only done by an expert in your field. Once you place an order with us, the best writer in your discipline is selected to guarantee quality work. Furthermore, our custom essay writing assistance is not just trustful but also cheap. If you want to get top grades, place an order with us, and our experts will be very happy to help.
Take a break from writing.
Top academic experts are here for you.